Friday, February 24, 2006

Canada's Most Annoying Columnist Resurfaces.

Heather Mallick wishes she were Maureen Dowd. No sane woman wishes they were Maureen Dowd. Not even Maureen Dowd.

Her first column for CBC.ca on the first-ever hearings for a Supreme Court of Canada justice manages to combine liberal elite condescension with college-girl silliness.

One paragraph tells you everything you need to know about this woman:

You could always use my test of character, which is: "Do you miss Princess Diana?" I do. I still mourn her deeply and I don't really like anyone who doesn't, which is why I never ask that question, especially of my husband, who rolled over in bed when I came upstairs sobbing from watching CNN at 2 a.m. on Aug. 31, 1997, and said the equivalent of: "Yeah? And?"


The Globe and Mail's loss is actually their gain, if they ever stopped to think about it.

No comments: